March is National Nutrition month. To lower your health risks. To stay strong and active. To manage your weight. To set a positive example. To save money. To improve mood and mental health. To improve your quality of sleep. To encourage everyone to advocate and realize the importance of healthy and clean eating.
Celebrated each year during March, it focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. The theme for National Nutrition Month 2020 is Eat Right, Bite by Bite. During the month of March, we invite everyone to focus on the importance of making informed choices, and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here are some practical varieties of nutritious food for every day:
- Include healthy foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read nutrition fact panels.
- Practice portion control.
- Take time to enjoy your food; never eat in a rush.
- Visit a local farmer’s market.
- Eat what is in season.
- Try a healthy, new recipe each week.
- Drink eight glasses of water a day.
The main focus of the campaign is to bring awareness to making informed food choices and developing good eating and physical activity habits. This year National Nutrition Month is all about achieving a healthy weight and reduce risk of chronic disease. What are some of the benefits of Good nutrition? It can help:
- Reduce high blood pressure.
- Lower high cholesterol.
- Improve your ability to fight off illness.
- Improve your ability to recover from illness and injury.
Let’s celebrate National Nutrition Month and “Eat Right, Bite by Bite.” You can go to EatRight.org and find food resources and tools from the Academy of Nutrition.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.